Friday, March 15, 2013

One for the weekend: Something to read

One of the things I love best about living in London is that even though it takes ages to get anywhere (this place is so huge!), at least I can get absorbed in a book while someone else does the driving.



My sister loaned me her copy of Donna Tartt's The Little Friend which I have been devouring for the last few weeks. I read The Secret History by the same author years ago and still count it as one of my favourite books, but The Little Friend has surprised me - I think I may love it more. I have a serious writer's crush on Donna Tartt, and have spent much of this novel in complete awe at her gorgeous, spellbinding way with words and the ingenuity of some of her metaphors and comparisons.

It's not just beautifully written though - it is an exciting, intense mystery with thrilling action sequences as well. I haven't quite finished it and it's taking great willpower not to stay up all night to find out what happens.

Go read it, go now!

PS. St Paddy's Day this weekend! Going to be getting my green on and visiting Porterhouse in Covent Garden for their celebrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow  <b>reberoodle</b> on Twitter