So the weather is still mizzy. It's June and I'm still wearing long sleeves and, on most days, have to take at least a light coat. London is still a superfantastic place to live though, and sometimes a small tweak in attitude, a tiny change in behaviour is all that's needed to have a great day:
- Don't forget your umbrella.
- Smile at the bus driver.
- Give your seat up to someone whose need is greater than yours.
- Make sure you have something to read on the tube.
- Put your headphones in while you're walking and pretend your life has a soundtrack.
- Keep a spare £1 on you to buy a happy hour hot drink from Pod.
- On your lunch break, go for a stroll in one of the dozens of free parks.
- Visit Selfridges (it is impossible to maintain a bad mood in Selfridges).
- Look at everything through an Instagram lens. When you really look, you'll find beauty and humour all over the place in London, so if you pretend you have to Instagram wherever you go, you'll find it.
- When you find yourself jammed on a train with your nose in someone's armpit, remember that you never have to worry about finding a parking space or being Designated Dave.
- Go grocery shopping and marvel (just MARVEL!) at the incredible selection and variety.
- Now buy yourself a treat. Go on then.
More London Lovin' posts: