Monday, April 29, 2013

It came to me in a dream


I don't drink coffee after lunchtime, because in the past it's resulted in nights spent staring at the ceiling, willing myself to sleep. I broke that rule yesterday for the London Coffee Festival (which was totally worth it - I've never been treated to so much free coffee in my life), but now I have a different reason for avoiding coffee in the afternoon: the mad, disturbing dreams later that night. Never again!

Something good that came out of my nightmarish sleep last night though was the rather spooky resounding of these words in my head:

"things are happening for you, not to you"

I have heard this before, but I can't recall where, and it's something I haven't thought about in a long time. It's a little change in perspective, and one that was much needed. Life, she has plans for me that differ from what I imagined for myself, but in the past when I've railed against the inevitable I've always come to appreciate afterwards that sometimes the universe's plan is better than the one I imagined. It makes me think of 'Desiderata':

"And whether or not it is clear to you; no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should..."

Sometimes we just need a little reminder!

More lovely and inspiring words can be found on my Pinterest board here.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! Really needed to see this quote today - found myself wanting to give up earlier!

    Been awesome catching up on your life, or lack thereof by reading this blog... A part of me actually thought, "I miss Dodd"

    Anyhow, your blog is awesome... Get's my endorsement. Maybe someone will give you that book deal you're after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Twanj! Some rare words of encouragement from you are always much appreciated :D

      Delete

Follow  <b>reberoodle</b> on Twitter